Show All Items
As I promised, my second ible, this time a bit more complicated (but still very easy).
– a nice bar (I had some luck and inherited a rack which was used for plants to grow on)
– 2 (iron) tubes (broader than the rack’s legs to fit them in)
– cement (concrete is the solid ground, right?)
– shovel (to dig the hole)
– trowel (easier digging in the deeper ground)
– some weighted stuff (holding the reck)
– wire/string/duct tape to attach the frame and hold it in position
– a spirit level to check whether it’s straight
As you can see, I didn’t put any sizes in this ible because I was so lucky to get a perfectly fitting frame .
I just can give you the advice, as far you want to make your own frame, to weld a pole in the middle so that it’s easier to move the frame around. I also attached the strings to it.
Why tubes? If I don’t like my pullup-bar anymore, I can just pull it out and … it (destroy, recycle, whatever).
1. Set your frame in position and mark the points where the legs touch the ground
2. Dig holes (I dug ~50 cm (20 inches), diameter 30 cm (12 inches))// Depending on your tubes!
3. Put tubes in holes, put frame in tubes and press them not too deep in the ground (so that no cement flows in it).
4. I needed 2 cement bags , each 40 kgs (176 lb). Just use a small quantity of water!
5. Fill the holes with cement, attach strings to anything with enough weight. (ATTACHING CAN BE DONE BEFORE,TOO!!). Some people build wooden constructions for this. I was too lazy, still worked for me.
6. Check the levels, correct if necessary.
7. Wait 2-3 days, cover if necessary (rain,..).
(8. I put ducttape around the welded angle and some wire so that in case of breaking I do not fall instantly down (hoping))
9. Have fun!
I like my garden bar, it’s very stable and can also be used for other things, like a sandbag, inner tubes from bicycle (triceps pulldown). You can hang a carpet and “beat” it (clean). You can bind a rope to it and make 45° pullups…
Thanks for visiting
health – Manly Pullup bar (Steel and Concrete!) (needs welding), in category: home